Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Six Years Old - Part I

This guy turned six, today!

Wowser.


I am so proud to be his everyday mom.


We are so much alike it's scary. Bossy and detailed; practical and focused.

I gave him the choice to go out for dinner or to have a night at home. He picked home (love that!). Ty selected a very balanced meal of Kraft Mac 'n Cheese, Chicken Caesar Salad, Pretzel Rolls, and Red Gatorade (I had to fight it down). Over the weekend we were at Costco and he saw a rainbow cake that he had to have. As I was telling him we didn't need a cake that feeds 50 and I would be happy to make one myself, Ben mouthed, "It's his birthday!" So...home we came with enough cake to feed an army.


Ty never hesitates in what he wants, which has been a wonderful leadership quality for his younger brothers who have walked challenging roads of insecurity. My favorite character trait is his heart of mercy.

Each boy, recently, started taking turns at the dinner table praying for one of the birth families represented in our family. Last night, Ty prayed that God would bless Missy's dad and help him make good choices for a good life. Ty recognizes how sad it must be not to get to see his daughter every day and, continuously lifts him in prayer.

When he watched the video Rebekah sent him, tonight, he asked me if she was sad that we couldn't all be together.


What a marvelous heart - so tender and sure.

Every day is (literally) my dream come true.

6 comments:

  1. Awesome lil man with a big heart. Happy birthday TY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday, special one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Ty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 6th Birthday Tyrus! I remember when you were born. You're growing into such a fine, strong, compassionate young man. Have fun eating cake for days lol!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday, sweet Tyrus! I love his heart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy B'day my little brother
    Jesus Bless u n family :)

    ReplyDelete