Friday, March 27, 2009

Day 333

Ahhh....the 27th. Today, marks 11 months since we made our decision to adopt. It's been a crazy ride to say the least, but my sweet son is worth the price...I would do it all again...and I haven't even met him, yet. The last few weeks have been chaotic for sure (Sidebar: Many of you have asked/commented....We have researched every angle of our situation and unfortunately we have no options. Rebekah's state requires us to be agency represented, so going the attorney route is not possible.)

There are two very shining lights, however, that have made my heart smile, this week.

#1 Baby Boy's cradle is setup, laundered, and within arm's reach of my pillow. You wanna know the best part? My dad built it. And I slept in it. So did my sisters...younger brother...and little Nya (my sister's baby). There is something so precious about its existence; I can't wait to see my sweet boy sleeping close.

Love, Love, LOVE it!!

#2 Baby Boy's Life Box. I have been looking far and wide for the perfect box to hold pictures and letters from Rebekah to baby boy. You may not be able to tell in my picture, but the outside is made of beautiful hammered metal, while the inside is lined with felt. I hope that it's too small and one day will need to be replaced with a giant box...but until then, it's perfect.


I am thankful beyond words that I can spend this 27th dreaming of my hope-filled future.

19 comments:

  1. wow, so beautiful! cant wait to see pictures of him sleeping in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the cradle. I will have to come by and see it in person. So precious. Glad you had some bright spots this week. love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you were planning on using a bassinet at all...I LOVE it! You will love having him close...It was actually emotional for me to move Maddy into her crib across the hall and I put it off for months :). Beautiful snapshots into your world...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cradle too....lovely items to keep in the family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cradle is just gorgeous - you will love having him so close at night! The box is perfect.

    I've been following along with your 'issues' but I have no advice :( I hope things smooth out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool. I love the box. We have a big one - just something from Hallmark - that someone gave us as a shower gift. I make a photocopy of letters from my Baby Love's birth family and keep the originals in a fire-proof box where we keep all our other VIP documents like birth certificates, etc. When she's a grown woman I'll give her the originals. I just fear the worst - that she'll be mad one day and rip them up, show them to her friends and they'll get torn, she'll read them with jelly all over he hands, etc!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I love the blue box and I'm glad you are feeling a little more relaxed today. My head is spinning as I read and try to catch up on what your last couple of posts have said, and ALL the crazy hoops through which you are having to jump. Sadly, I agree that some parts of the system are corrupt, and I'm so sorry you are getting the brunt of this!! Hang in there, friend...it will all work out in the end!

    Melba

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the box and what it represents for him, you are probably right though it's just one of many "life boxes" he will have...the cradle is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your heart! That baby boy is one blessed little soul! Can't wait to meet him!


    Positive onlooker

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful cradle. How amazing to have something so sentimental passed down. I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been thinking of you and Ben...wish we could invite you over for dinner...to just sit and watch the fire...maybe chat...make jokes...eat yummy barbecue...(braai in Afrikaans - our home langauge)...and to dream with you...

    3 months Sweetie...just 3 months...dreams coming true...God holding your hand all the way...until the end...which is just going to be the beginning...

    thinking of you xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the idea of the life box. And that crib is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Rebekah! Here's the link for the ads, since I've added more ads about 2 hours ago, I've already made $5.70! I think they send you a check when you have $100. https://www.google.com/adsense/login/en_US/?sourceid=aso&subid=ww-ww-et-HCLeftLink&medium=link&gsessionid=FWx0t5KPTWyqzSyX9RgOQA

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful cradle, beautiful box... and beautiful YOU! I am sorry about the latest bumps in the road.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't figure out how to email you but I just found this box and it made me think of you and your baby boy. This is a handmade keepsake box for letters - pretty cool (love the one you picked also, but I think this Etsy artist would make a customized one if you want) Sorry to put this in a comment. http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=20228446

    I love your blog and your honesty. Adoption only touches me through the adoption of my best friends baby from China, but somehow I am so attached to it. Maybe it is Him telling me to move forward with it someday. I hope HE can talk to my husband for me! :-) I pray for you, your husband, baby boy and Rebekah each night.

    God Bless,
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  16. thinking of you...trusting the process...and God! xx

    ReplyDelete